RENTAL REQUIRMENTS AND DISCLOSURE
All adult applicants ( 18 or older) will be charged a $55.00 application fee.
THE APPLICATION FEE OF $55.00 PER ADULT IS NON-REFUNDABLE
Each applicant over 18 years of age is required to complete a separate application. As stated, the
application fee is non-refundable so it will be in your best interest to confirm that your rental
requirements are not outside of our tenant criteria with multiple roommates, eviction history,
foreclosures, bankruptcies, job loss, minimum income, low credit scores (below 600), unusual pets,
large pets, multiple pets, multiple families, or anything else may cause your application to be
*Offering less than list price for the home will cause your application to be delayed or declined.*
We do not prescreen applications. Applicants are required to prescreen themselves with the
following criteria and need to meet the requirements below. We encourage you to apply if you
meet the following criteria.
WHEN THE ONLINE APPLICATION IS COMPLETED, WE WILL PROCESS YOUR
APPLICATION AND CHARGE THE $55 APPLICATION FEE.
This application, background information, credit scores, rental history, criminal history, and
employment verification will be viewed by Blackbird Realty and Management, Inc. employees, and
possibly the property owner.
***Multiple Applications May Be Reviewed in Choosing an Applicant****
Lease Criteria - Before you apply for a home, read the following information concerning the approval
process. If you have any questions, contact our office during normal business hours Monday to Friday
from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM Pacific Standard time or email the questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Processing and Screening Criteria - Blackbird Realty and Management, Inc. is
committed to equal housing, and we fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act (FFHA), state and
local laws. We do not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap,
familial status, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
We offer application forms to everyone who requests one. Every occupant over the age of 18 must
complete the application and pay the $55.00 application fee. APPROVAL is based on EIGHT factors:
- Credit History
- Employment Verification and History
- Income Verification
- Residence Verification and History
- Criminal Background Check
- Terrorist Database
- Animal Criteria
- Best Qualified if multiple applicants apply
Identification - Each applicant is required to provide a copy of a legible government issued photo
identification card such as a driver’s license, passport or state issued identification card. A photo of the
front and back of your identification card can be sent to email@example.com. In addition to the
photo identification card, one other form or identification is required such as a social security card or
- Credit History - We will obtain a copy of your credit report and tenant credit score from
TransUnion. You cannot provide this to us, we will obtain it ourselves. Credit history should show
that the you pay bills on time and does not have a history of debt “write-offs” or accounts that have
gone into collection. Money owed to previous landlords or utility companies is cause for denial.
- Employment Verification and History - We require a verifiable employment history for the past
two (2) years. You must be a permanent employee (not temporary or probationary). Your
employment history should reflect at least 6 months with your current employer. Transfers or
relocations must have correspondence showing and accepted job offer. If you are self-employed,
retired or not employed, we can accept such documents as signed tax returns (2 years minimum),
banks statements, etc. that provide proof the applicant has the ability to pay the rent. If you are
military, a current copy of your Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) is acceptable. If you are
Active Duty military, you must be on an assignment that, to the best of your knowledge, will allow
you to complete an initial 12-month lease.
- Income Verification - Take home income should be at least three (3) times the monthly rent and
verifiable from an unbiased source such as: employer through pay stubs, tax returns, and/or bank
statements. Self-employed income may be verified by a CPA-prepared financial statement or tax
returns. Any verification fee required by the employer must be paid by the applicant. Applicants
who do not meet the above employment or income requirements must submit savings account
statements or equivalent showing a minimum average balance equal to eight (8) months of rent, for
the last 6 months.
- Residence Verification and History - We require a verifiable residence history for at least the last
three (3) years whether you currently own or rent. Applicants are responsible for providing
information including names, addresses, phone numbers of landlords with dates of tenancy for the
previous 3-5 years. Rental history must be verified from unbiased sources. Home ownership will
be verified from a current credit report. We can accept base housing as rental history, and military
members stationed overseas and live on the local economy can provide a copy of their orders that
transferred them to the area. Any evictions in the last 7 years will be automatic grounds for denial. Broken leases will be considered on a case by case basis and if deemed acceptable may require
additional security deposit.
- Criminal, Sex Offense and Terrorist Database - We will check these databases for all applicants
and prospective tenants over the age of 18. We do not rent to any person required to register as a
sex offender. Criminal backgrounds involving violent crimes, sex offenses, domestic violence and /
or crimes involving distribution of weapons or illegals substance are all grounds for denial of the
application. Each applicant will be considered on a case by case basis and exceptions may be made
for the type of offense and the age of the offense. Please provide the details to the Property
- Terrorist Database - Each applicant will be considered on a case by case basis and exceptions
may be made for the type of offense and the age of the offense. Please provide the details to the
- Animal Criteria - AAnimal approval policies vary from one homeowner to another. Some owners
do not permit animals (other than service animals) on the property, while others restrict the type
and/or size of allowable animals. No more than two animals are permitted without specific owner
approval and no more than three animals are permitted without approval from the local
government. On a case by case bases, Blackbird Realty and Management, Inc. will allow for
restricted breed dogs that are all or any portion of mixed with the following breeds:
- American Bulldog
- Bull Terrier
- German Shepherd
- Great Dane
- Husky / Siberian Husky
- Pres Canario
- Pit Bull
- Staffordshire Terrier
- Wolf Type Dog
- Shiba Inu
- Combination of any
Approval of any dog requires renter’s liability insurance that covers your dog.
- Best qualified if multiple applicants apply - In the event of multiple applicants for the same
property, we will approve the best qualified applicant. Selection of the best qualified applicant will
be based on lease signing date, length of lease requested, etc. For example, two applicants apply
and both are acceptable, the applicant that can post the deposit, sign the lease, and occupy the home
first will be chosen. If both applicants can move in and occupy on the same date, then the
applicants will be asked to make an offer. The best offer will be chosen.
Lease term will be a minimum of 12 months.
Six (6) Month Lease Agreement Option = Rent + 20%
If the applicant requests a 6 month initial lease agreement, Blackbird Realty and Management, Inc.
Charges and additional 20% on top of the advertised rental rate.
For example, when the advertised rent is $1500 per month and 6 month lease is requested, the new rate
would increase the rent by $300 per month, making the total monthly rent $1800.
Security Deposit Required based on TransUnion Tenant Score
The amount of the security deposit required is based upon perceived risks. The lower the credit score,
the higher the risk is. The standard security deposit is one month’s rent plus $250. In order to
qualify for the standard security deposit, the TransUnion Tenant Score must be 675 or higher.
TransUnion Tenant Scores will be combined and averaged (adding all the scores and then dividing by
number of applicants) when determining the amount of the security deposit required.
- Applicant 1 Score = 692
- Applicant 2 Score = 671
(Applicant 1 + Applicant 2) = Combined Score. 692+671 = 1363
(Combined score / Number of Applicants) is Average TransUnion Tenant Score. 1363 / 2 = 681.50
The combined TransUnion Tenant Score is greater than 675, so the standard security deposit of one
month’s rent plus $500 would apply
Applicant 2 Score = 567
(Applicant 1 + Applicant 2) = Combined Score. 678+567 = 1245
(Combined score / Number of Applicants) is Average TransUnion Tenant Score. 1245 / 2 = 622.50
The combined TransUnion Tenant Score is less than 675, so the security deposit would be determined from the following table.
Security Deposit Table
TranUnion Credit Score
675 and above
One month’s rent + $250
|650 to 674
||One month’s rent + $500
625 to 649
One month’s rent + $750
|601 to 624
||Two month's rent
|600 an below
Disabled Accessibility - Any required reasonable accommodation must be submitted in writing to Blackbird Realty and Management, Inc. We must obtain owner approval for any modification to the premises. All modifications must be done by a licensed contractor and at the expense of the tenant. The tenant must agree to restore the premises to the pre-modified condition at their own expense (provided the modification would not affect the use and enjoyment of the premises for future tenants). We require a written proposal detailing the extent of the work to be done, approval of the owner before modifications are made, appropriate building permits, and possibly a restoration deposit as per Fair Housing Guidelines.
School Boundaries and Zoning - School enrollment and zoning should be investigated prior to submitting your application and can be checked online at http://ccsd.net/schools/zoning/search/ Because of expansive growth across the valley school zoning is subject to change. We highly recommend you contact the school district about any concerns.
*** It is duty of the applicant to verify school zoning ***
Reasons for denial of applications -
- Failing to give proper notice when vacating your current property
- If any previous landlord would be unwilling to rent to you again for any reason pertaining to your behavior or that of any family member, guest (welcome or not), or any animal on the property during your tenancy.
- Reports of 3 or more late rent payments in the last 12 month.
- If you have an unpaid collection filed against you by a Property Management Company.
- If you have an unlawful detainer (eviction) in the last 7 years.
- If you have recently received a 5-day nuisance notice to vacate.
- If you have less than a 600 combined TransUnion Tenant Score.
- If you have had two (2) or more NSF checks or ACH transfer returned in the last 12 months.
- If you have allowed any persons not named on your lease to reside in the premises without landlord approval.
- If we are unable to verify your information as your correct identity.
- If you run a business from the home without approval from the landlord or property manager
- Any violation of the terms of service during the application process.
- Any requests for re-wording of lease or paragraph removal from Blackbird Realty and Management, Inc. lease agreement.
Application Approval - All approved applicants will receive notification and further instructions by email. In addition, you will be required to bring the security deposit to our office with 24 hours of approval, in certified funds and will be required to sign our deposit agreement.
Start of Lease and Possession - Unless other arrangements are made, we expect you to sign a lease and take possession of the property within 2 weeks of approval. This means that you will transfer the water, power and gas into your name so that on the day your lease starts you will have water, power and gas at the premises.
Move-In Orientation and Walk Through Inspection - All new tenants will pay a one time lease preparation and orientation fee of $99. This fee will be collected at the same time as you post your deposit. On the selected move-in date and before your furniture arrives, we will do a walk through of the property with you and show you where important items are such as the water shut-off, landscape irrigation clock, and AC Filter procedure. We will also insure that the condition of the property is documented with video and photos. Any items that need attention will be documented and if necessary work requests will be submitted at that time. If scheduling permits, our locksmith will show up and re-key the locks during this walk through period.
The following is a list of items covered during orientation:
- Operation of door guardian and precautions against locking yourself out of home. Un-clogging the garbage disposal.
- Understanding the GFCI and what to do if the outlet in the bathrooms don’t work. The AC filters and when they will be changed by our vendor.
- The clothes dryer and preventing dryer fires.
- The landscape irrigation clock
- Trash collection and proper storage of the trash containers
- Operating the pool if the home is so equipped.
What Every Applicant Needs to Know:
- Blackbird Realty and Management, Inc. conducts periodic inspections of the home you will live in, if you're selected and lease from us. We take pictures and/or videos of the interior and exterior of the home during the inspection. This information is kept on record and shared with the property owner upon request. If this periodic inspection procedure is going to cause you a problem, we recommend you stop now and do not apply for one of the homes we manage.
- Blackbird Realty and Management, Inc. is a zero tolerance company regarding rent collection. Rent is due on the 1st of each month and late thereafter. Late fees are 5% of the monthly rent charge, and if the rent is not paid, a 7-day notice to pay or quit will be served by the Sheriff, Constable or Licensed Process Server.
- Tenants who are chronically late (more that 3 times in a 12 month period) will not be offered the opportunity to renew their lease.
Upon completion of your application, you will be notified in writing of your Approval / Denial / or Offer of Other terms within 1 to 2 business days.